What is The Process We Follow?
Neil, Gavin and Melanie collaborate to create a clinic dedicated to providing a scientific and biomechanical solution to foot,lower limb and spinal pain. The aim of our clinic is to asses and diagnose the cause of each patients pain or dysfunction, provide a corrective weight bearing orthotic to realign the body from the feet up to provide a biomechanically balanced and efficient posture & provide rehabilitation guidelines for the patient and their referring practitioner (if appropriate).
- Patient presents to clinic for bio-mechanical assessment, gait analysis and posture diagnosis.
- Weight bearing and non-weight bearing assessments are carried out at initial consultation, taking into account consideration of the foot posture, muscle balance, internal/external rotation of leg, pelvic orientation and leg length discrepancies
- The angle and base of gait is determined and the patient stands uncorrected on the FAS. Subtanlar neutral, or the most bio-mechanically efficient position for the patient is determined.The feet are cast in the corrected position
- The negative casts are poured and the orthotic parameters are marked on the positive casts
- The orthotic is made from the positive molds,replicating the same position obtained on The Foot Alignment System.
- Patient is fitted with the orthotic, correct alignment while standing is achieved